Confirmation will be held on Sunday, May 3, 2020. Confirmation Liturgy Assignment Letters were mailed home.
In order to help prepare the children to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, we ask the following of each Confirmation candidate:
- Mass: Please make a sincere effort to participate in Mass every week with your family. Not only is it an obligation to attend Mass each week and all Holy Days, it is a privilege to receive the Eucharist. Worshipping together as a community shows we are all part of the Body of Christ. If you have not been attending Mass regularly, now is a wonderful time to start. The grace from fully participating in your Catholic faith can truly transform your life.
- Attendance: Attending Confirmation Preparation is important to help prepare you to receive the Sacrament. It gives you the opportunity to learn, pray and grow with your peers. If you need to miss, please make up your missed session as homework. If you miss two or more sessions, additional homework will be assigned. Three or more misses will require a meeting with the Director of Religious Education.
- Sponsor: You will need to select a sponsor who is a strong faith role model. Your Sponsor must be a Confirmed and practicing Catholic. Sponsor Name is due to your catechist by Sunday, February 9, 2020. Confirmation Saint & Sponsor Names 2020 Guidelines for Choosing a Sponsor
- Confirmation Saint Name: It is a tradition for Confirmation candidates in the Catholic Church to choose a Saint to guide and inspire you on your faith journey. Confirmation Saint Name is due with your Sponsor Name on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
- Saint Report: We ask you to share information on your Saint with your small group.Saint Report is due to your catechist by January 12, 2020. Details on the Report can be found in the attachment. Confirmation Saint Name
- Service Hours: In preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation, we encourage you to complete 10 hours of service. The Service Hour Reflection Form is due to your catechist by Sunday, March 22, 2020. Service Hour Forms
- Letter of Intent: Please write a brief letter to Msgr. Daniel Deutsch explaining why you want to be Confirmed. This letter is due to your catechist by December 1, 2019. Letter of Intent to Msgr. Dan Deutsch
- Retreat: As part of the registration process you should have signed up for one of the retreats: November 16, 2019; January 25, 2020; or February 22, 2020. Please bring one or both parents with you.