Lazarus House (Emergency Homeless Shelter)
Lazarus House is a year round emergency homeless shelter and transitional living facility for men, women, and children. The facility is located in St. Charles at 214 Walnut St. in downtown St. Charles. St. Patrick volunteers are involved 2-3 times a month on Thursday evenings, helping with food and assistance to the staff. Each volunteer serves once every other month or so. This ministry provides a great way to put our Christian faith into practice. If you would like more information on this ministry, please contact Becky at 630-584-4836 or at email@example.com.
As of 2/19/2018
Executive Director Position
Lazarus House, located in St. Charles IL is looking for our next Executive Director. Lazarus house has roots as a faith-based movement to create a safe space in which the community can come together to provide an opportunity for changing, impacting and in some cases saving lives of homeless and at risk individuals and families. Over time, three comprehensive programs; emergency shelter, transitional living and homeless prevention services, have evolved with case management as their cornerstone and self-esteem and empowerment as integrated concepts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the ministry of Lazarus house, providing leadership and guidance to the Lazarus House staff, guests, volunteers, and the community.
- Work with the Finance/Audit Committee and Finance HR Director, to provide input and formulate the annual budget for Lazarus House to include: monitoring and approving expenditures. Work with the Development Director, and Grant writer, to explore funding options including, but not limited to grants, apply for and administer funding to assure that adequate resources are provided to meet Lazarus house needs.
- Responsible for public relations and marketing strategies be representing Lazarus House in the community.
- Encourage volunteer activity, cultivate and maintain strong connection to local providers, ministries, funders, municipal, County, State, and federal entities to facilitate the procurement of service for our guests.
- Networking with community resources including Chamber of Commerce and funders to build support for Lazarus House.
- Work, lead and inspire staff to assist in meeting the needs of our guests while maintaining strong boundaries to ensure guest compliance. To include: training, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Work with case managers to review case files, identify guest needs, and ensure guests are receiving the best, most appropriate services possible and necessary documentation is completed.
Education and or Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor in Human Services or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Proven work in Human Services and or Clinical experience working with the economically disadvantaged.
- Minimum of five years progressive management experience, while directly/indirectly supervising other employees.
- Certifications in mental health or substance abuse an asset.
- Ability and willingness to respond to sensitive situations twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and carry a wireless communication device. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays and adjust hours when Lazarus House dictate.
If you are interested please send your resume in a Word document to: