Respect Life Committee
This ministry strives to make parishioners more aware of pro-life issues and to work for pro-life causes. The committee shares the Church’s pro-life teachings through prayer, education, and pastoral services to those in need. We also seek to keep our parishioners informed about respect-life issues at the local, state, and national/international levels. This ministry also seeks to involve parishioners in the LifeChain event which takes place every October. For more information please contact John Mielke at email@example.com.
How can you make a difference during Lent?
From February 17 to March 28, our community will unite with many others from coast to coast – and internationally – for a major simultaneous pro-life mobilization – the 40 Days for Life campaign.
In addition, St. Patrick Parish Pro-life Committee has committed to Friday, March 19th to peacefully pray from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm across the street from the Planned Parenthood abortion facility in Aurora.
Faithful believers are also praying and fasting for 40 days that these efforts will mark the beginning of the end of abortion. The 40 Days for Life efforts have resulted in the following
- 18,000 Lives Saved From Abortion • 211 Abortion Workers Converted • 107 Abortion Facilities Closed
- Praying and fasting is part of the Catholic Tradition. The most viewed miracle in the history of Christianity was at Fatima in 1917. Our Lady of Fatima (Our Blessed Mother) asks for all Catholics to do the following:
- Amend our lives and ask for pardon for our sins
• Pray the Rosary daily
• Make sacrifices for sinners
• Complete the “Five First Saturday Devotions”
- Wear the Brown Scapular